The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), set up in 1979 as a semi autonomous institute of the University, is the leading biomedical research facility in Ghana. The Institute is committed to research on national health priorities and training of biomedical scientists.
Its vision is to be a world class Institute capable of conducting high quality cutting edge research and training in the biomedical sciences.
- To be a research institute with secure financial sustainable resources to maintain state of the art facilities for quality research.
- To be among the leading biomedical research institutes in the world steered by top-notch management, high quality researchers producing highly trained research students and research outputs relevant to national development and global issues.
The broad objectives and mandate of the Institute are:
- To conduct research into health problems of Public Health importance in Ghana.
- To provide training opportunities for postgraduate students in medical research.
- To provide specialized laboratory diagnostic and monitoring services in support of public health programmes.
In order to generate quality data to guide evidence based policies, the Institute is committed to:
- Conduct high quality research.
- Ensure integrity of research data.
- Uphold high ethical standards in research.